If you have ever thought about sourcing a product from overseas and then selling it locally and online, or you have an idea for a physical product you want to have created in a country like China, where costs are lower, this is the interview to listen to.
Craig Ford has spent virtually his entire working life in different companies related to importing and exporting of goods.
He’s done things on the small scale, for example finding unique jewellery in India while backpacking in his twenties, which he then sold in Australia, to much larger scale projects, like supplying Australian mining technology to companies in Asia.
As you will hear in this interview, Craig knows a lot, and there’s a lot to know about importing and exporting.
He covers everything, including –
- What website to use to find suppliers
- What pitfalls to look out for and avoid when you begin negotiating a deal
- How to spot fraudsters
- What to do if you want to get some kind of technology developed
- If you want to get clothing made, how to make sure it is of high quality
- A step you can take to make sure your supplier is not exploiting child labour and his paying fair wages
- When is it necessary to hop on a plane and visit factories
- What kind of research you should do before engaging with a supplier
- and so much more
As is tradition on my podcast, Craig also explains his backstory, revealing how he became good at what he does and what he learned along the way.
If you have ever thought about getting into the physical product world, this is must-listen to stuff.
Make sure you also stop by Craig’s site, MyImportLabel.com.au, as he has some great training resources to guide you in the right direction.
Enjoy the episode,
Where to Find Craig Online
- Craig Ford Twitter Account
- Craig Ford’s LinkedIn Profile Account
- Craig Ford on Google+
- Craig Ford on Facebook